In the interests of getting this out there for my own motivation and accountability, here’s The Plan™ for this year. The next novel in the Temple of Vengeance series, is Raven Queen, Avenge. I expect her to be about 100k words when she ships, just like the first volume.
Caveat: This schedule is tentative and subject to change. We’re relocating back to Texas from Seattle this year (long story) and landing in Dallas this time. What can I say, I come from a long line of hillbillies, wanderers, nomads, and pirates.
- The Editrix receives the prequel novela Death Descends.
- Finish Beginning Hook (25%)
- Order cover painting
- Death Descends goes out to Kickstarter backers and newsletter subscribers (free) before it goes on sale.
- Finish Middle Build 1 / Midpoint Shift (50%)
- Finish Middle Build 2 / All Is Lost (75%)
- Cover proof
- Launch preorder for Raven Queen, Avenge
- Finish Ending Payoff (100%)
- The Editrix gets the manuscript.
- Beta readers get an early version.
- Final cover
- eBook and print Layout
- Cover typography
- Full, final reread
- Proof and master
- Launch 01 October
- Kickstarter for the limited edition hardcover of Raven Queen, Avenge
- Revise foolscap and plot for Raven Queen, Ascend.